The health and well-being of drivers and customers are of utmost importance to Expedite Delivery System, and we are committed to making your delivery experience as safe as possible. Expedite Delivery System provides critical support to the infrastructure of our communities by delivering essential goods. Accordingly, we will continue to operate as local conditions and restrictions allow, in order to support deliveries as needed.
Below are the actions that we have taken to protect drivers and customers.
Non-Contact Proof of Delivery
Expedite Delivery System normally collects electronic signature proof of delivery. Given COVID-19, we have introduced Non Contact Proof of Delivery. Deliveries requiring a signature must still be received by the customer vs left in a safe place, but in-app signature collections has been replaced with proof of delivery via Visual Proof of Delivery.
In accordance with the CDC, we’ve provided the following guidance to drivers to help prevent driver exposure to the virus, and reduce the spread of COVID-19:
- Clean your hands often with an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol – cover all surfaces of your hands and rub them together until they feel dry – or wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Soap and water should be used preferentially if hands are visibly dirty
- Clean AND disinfect frequently touched surfaces daily. This includes phones, door handles, steering wheel, armrests, etc. Disinfectant disposable wipes are recommended for quick and easy application
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
Avoid shaking hands
- Maintain at least 6 ft distance between you and others
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze. If you don’t have a tissue, cough or sneeze into your upper sleeve, not your hands
- Avoid touching your face